Monday, August 22, 2005

Man, has it been THAT long???

YIKES - two months?? ...and THEN some, huh...Sorry 'bout that. Had a rough summer, but I think I'm getting a handle on things, so I should be blogging more now. :-)

Finally making some progress in my knitting - have my tank over half done, and have my daughter's dress almost half done. I've set them both aside tonite, because I have to knit up something for the person I'm assigned to as a Secret Pal - I've been HORRENDOUSLY amiss. HOWEVER...the person who has me FOR a Secret Pal is an amazingly thoughtful, sweet, wonderful lady! She sends great emails, cheerful letters & cards, and Hello Kitty pencils - she ROCKS!!!

In Fact - I got an AMAZING package from her today....OOOOOOOHBOY...Lessee - it contained: TWO skeins of 100% Merino from Knitpicks in "Redwood" colorway...FOUR skeins of BAMBOO yarn, YIPPEEEEE!! I've wanted to try Bamboo forEVER - and these yarns are both in sock weight. She also sent a set of US 1 DPN's, a square of really cool soap, and a strip of Maple Sugar Candy - MY FAVORITE!!!!!!!!!

The candy is gone already, natch. ;-)

Oh, plus, she sent me two really COOL sock patterns...I can't WAIT to learn this!!!

THANK YOU SECRET PAL!!!! You're FAR too good to me. :-) I can't wait till I find out who you really are, then I can send YOU stuff!!

My husband gave me the coolest birthday present, you've just gotta see these:



Rosewood Knitting Needles - size 8 through 17!!! My hubby is SO cool - I'm gonna get him a t-shirt that is sold at my LYS that says, "I work so she can knit."

:-)

Okay, that's all for tonite - I will continue my updating in a day or so!!!

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

So now that you know who I am I can actually leave a comment! :) Your birthday present from your husband is awesome! I am jealous! I hope you start blogging more soon as I want to know what you are up to these days!

Take care!
Your Not So Secret Anymore Pal!

Jerry said...

Those look like a nice set of needles. May I ask where they came from? I'm trying out differnet wooden needles after using metal ones for so many years and would love to look into a set like that.

Rachel said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Rachel said...

Fantastic blog you've got here Claire, I was looking for how to knit related information and found your site. I have a how to knit site. You can find everything about knitting stitches, needles, machines, magazines and more. Stop by and check it out when you can. Enjoy!

Rod said...

Fantastic blog you've got here Claire, I was looking for knitting instructions related information and found your site. I have a knitting instructions site. You can find everything about knitting stitches, needles, machines, magazines and more. Stop by and check it out when you can. Enjoy!

dwainflynn31381933 said...

I read over your blog, and i found it inquisitive, you may find My Blog interesting. My blog is just about my day to day life, as a park ranger. So please Click Here To Read My Blog

shawnbrooks8252 said...

I read over your blog, and i found it inquisitive, you may find My Blog interesting. So please Click Here To Read My Blog

http://pennystockinvestment.blogspot.com