Saturday, October 28, 2006

The Specifics

I felt It wouldn't be fair to leave y'all with just a picture of The Stash in it's entirety - I need to explain, give you specifics with pictures. So, without Further Ado, may I present -

The Sum of the Parts:

First - The Stash:


The boxes behind, on the couch, were what most of it was in...okay, SOME of it.


The bags & rubbermaid tubs in the background was where SOME of this was stored. BTW, that's a Queen-sized bed covered in yarn. :D




Now, the specifics - On the couch, we have:





Y'all know what THAT is, right? ;-) Yep - mostly Lion Brand Homespun - soft as the dickens, but can be a PITA to knit with. Still, I do love it. That was back there, plus some Bernat Boucle - nice stuff, Acrylic like the LBH, but not as bad with weaving in of ends, etc.







On the back of the bed, we have most of my "Novelty Yarn" - the Lion Brand Fun Fur (and "Festive Fur"), and my Bernat Boa & Bernat Disco - both of the latter, free gifts.







In the middle of the next pic is my Malabrigo:



Ooooooooooh...Malabrigo....I just LOVE my Malabrigo!





Here's some of my cotton:



I use Cotton for washcloths, trying out new stitches, etc...





This is some of my sock yarn - the italian sock yarn was gifted to me last Christmas at our SnB Gift Swap - I look forward to using it for myself, perhaps, this year!







More sock yarn, this time, my Opal:



Opal = The Sock Yarn that other sock yarns want to be when they grow up.





Next, my Berocco Cotton Twist - bitch n'a half to knit with, but beautiful to look at and sooooo soft to touch:







My darlin' Cinderella's (http://www.rindercelly.com/) Cookie Monster Yarn!



C is for Cookie, and he's MY HERO.



...I only still have it because it hasn't told me what it wants to be yet....but I'm thinking, either a wild scarf, or a nifty felted bag/hat; stay tuned on that.





...And just to prove I'm NOT a Fiber Snob, here's my yarn made out of teflon. No, really:



It's got a different name, but I researched it, and it's the stuff they make Teflon with. :D



....it's waaaaay soft.





I even have Red Heart - but they make a coupla super soft varieties now, and they really ARE soft - I used one to make a balaclava for my BIL last year, and he loves it!







I got rid of a Garbage Bag full of yarn, and this is what's left:







I also have two bags of antique fingering weight wool from my dear OA, but I didn't want to lay that out and chance the cat taking a liking to it.



Like he did to The Stash.



Yea.



'



He sniffed...



'



...yawned...



'



'



...Rolled...



'



'



Then gave me the, "What?!?" look when I yelled at him - he'd started to CHEW - and Momma was having NONE of that.



'

2 comments:

handknitbyafailedfeminist said...

Hey you! Thanks for the comments. Can you believe the rats won't wear their socks? How to you get your pic to come up with your comments? I can't even figure out how to post a pic with my profile.

Beatrixknits said...

*Holy Cow* That's Salada Tea!