Friday, January 19, 2007

What day IS it??

I'm in a quiet-ish mood today. Headachey...partly the weather I'm sure, partly this damn cold that's hanging on. Edwin has offered to come home early from work and do my afternoon Dialysis run, and by golly, even though I'm NOT on death's door, he hasn't offered this kind of thing before, and I'm going to take him up on it. *Turns out Edwin is stuck at work solving a DSL issue, and there's no way he'd get home in time to pick my brother up for me. Sigh. It was a nice thought. I will stop at the grocery store too, as we do need a few things...but man, I just want to COLLAPSE.** I DID put out the garbage (in the rain) because we cleaned so much yesterday that the garbage can is FULL...and it's a bit taller than I am, so that's an idea how much we need it picked up. :)

Now that I've finished Edwin's socks (thank you all so much, btw, for the compliments!), I'm working on: My sister's socks, Savanah's socks, a scarf for my daughter's Sensei, scarf for the dojo's secretary, hat for the owner of the dojo, and a scarf for Edwin. I have to start a pair of socks for my SIL...then, who KNOWS what!

Here's the scarf for Edwin, I know I wrote about it in here a little while back. The pattern is called "Danica", and it's a style called Entrelac. Entrelac is a knitting technique used to create a textured diamond pattern. While the end result resembles basket-woven strips of knitted fabric, the actual material comprises interconnected squares on two different orientations. It's a lot easier than it looks, and now that I've had someone else in my SnB sit & watch me do it to confirm that I actually AM interpreting the instructions correctly, I feel better about it.



I need to go season my tea (no need to "fix" it, because as Edwin loves to point out, it's not broken. Yah.), and then Boo needs to play. With me. :) Later, folks!


No comments: